Last updated June 19, 2020
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information because:
- It helps WRI deliver the Services.
- It helps WRI deliver customer service.
- It enables WRI to give you convenient access to the Services.
- It helps WRI keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about. If you do not want to receive such announcements and updates, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If you register for the Services, we collect your name, e-mail address, address and phone number. Your name, company name, e-mail address and phone number may also be collected when you send us a contact request or an e-mail through the Site.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use the Services, some information is also automatically collected through the use of log files, such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your device’s operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site and your activity while using the Service. We use this information for purposes such as analyzing trends, administering the Service, improving customer service, diagnosing problems with our servers, tracking user movement, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files that are stored on a user’s hard drive at the request of a website to enable the site to recognize users who have previously visited them and retain certain information such as customer preferences and history. If we combine cookies with or link them to any of the personally identifying information, we would treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn about these functions. However, if your browser is set not to accept cookies or if a user rejects a cookie, you may not be able to sign in to your WRI account and may not be able to access certain Service features.
We may also use third parties to provide certain functionalities or to collect, track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and statistical information from users, such as the user’s browser type, operating system, browsing behavior and demographic information. These third parties may collect personal information from you in connection with the services they provide and may place cookies, web beacons or other devices on your device to collect non-personal information which may be used, among other things, to better understand the usage of the Service and the other services tracked by these third parties. We are not responsible for, and do not control, any actions or policies of any third party service providers.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WRI takes your privacy seriously. WRI does not sell or rent your contact information to anyone. WRI may disclose your information to third party service providers for purposes of service delivery, payment processing, or other account-related activities. Such third-party processors are contractually restricted from using or disclosing such information for any other purpose.
Our Services may use Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the Services, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting, which enables us to learn more about the characteristics and interests of the users who visit our Site, and Remarketing, which enables us to provide relevant advertising on different websites and online services. The tool Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on mobile device, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Services (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the Services and to compile statistical reports.
We will never (and will not knowingly allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of users of our Services. Google states that it will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We will not, and Google states that it will not seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer or device user. We will not associate any data gathered from the Site or our Services with any personally identifiable information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across websites you use, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
YOUR COMMUNICATION CHOICES
If you register an account or if you contact us, we may use information that you provide to respond to you or to send administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails. Since registration and contacting WRI are optional, you are not required to provide us with any means of communicating with you and we will delete your contact information upon your request.
INTEGRITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WRI allows you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. If you identify any personal information that is out of date, incorrect, or incomplete, please let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us. You may ask WRI to delete all of your of your users’ personal information, including any means of contacting you.
WRI retains personal information only as long as we are required to for our business relationship or as required by applicable laws. WRI has appropriate procedures in place with respect to the destruction, deletion, and disposition of personal information when it is no longer required by WRI, subject to applicable law.
We require all registrants to be at least 18 years of age and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without an adult’s consent. If a child under the age of 13 interacts with our Services or otherwise submits personal information to WRI, and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under the age of 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR EU RESIDENTS
This section governs personal information gathered from data subjects located in the EU only.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”) INFORMATION
The following information describes our commitments to you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The GDPR makes a distinction between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “Data Controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “Data Processors”). For instance, if you register an account with WRI, WRI will be a Data Controller with respect to the information you enter during the registration process.
When We Act as Data Controller
If we process your personal information as a Data Controller, then the information in this section applies.
We collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization (for example in order to make improvements to our products and services and to provide you with information you request);
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, where we are required to disclose personal information to a court); or
- Our use of your personal information is in accordance with your consent.
If you would like to find out more about the legal bases on which we process personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, EU residents have certain rights in relation to their personal information:
- Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information. Please contact email@example.com to exercise these rights. We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or deference of legal claims.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to restrict the use of your personal information. However, we can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction (a) where we have your consent; (b) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (c) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Right to data portability. To the extent that we process your information (i) based on your consent or under a contract; and (ii) through automated means, you have the right to receive such personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.
- Right to object to profiling based on your personal information.
- Personal data retention. We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues regarding your data protection or requests with us first before contacting the relevant supervisory authority. If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information that you would like to access, review, correct, or delete.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the requested personal information. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We may not always be able to fully address your request. For example, we may not be able to fully address your request if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
When We Act As Data Processor
If we were to act as a Data Processor, the processing of your data would not be governed by the foregoing provisions (“When We Act As Data Controller”), but you would be able to contact the Data Controller directly to learn about their processing of your information and to exercise your rights, or we would forward your request directly to them at your request.
INQUIRIES, COMPLAINTS, QUESTIONS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you wish to verify, correct or delete any personal information we have collected, or if you have any questions, concerns or complaints with respect to any matter relating to individual rights and your personal information, please contact WRI email@example.com. If there is a dispute between you and WRI regarding your personal information or this policy, you agree to use reasonable efforts to resolve such dispute with WRI informally and to consult and negotiate with WRI in good faith to reach a fair and equitable solution.