For the past 13 years, Wood Resources International has distributed Market Insights on a regular basis to over 8,000 forest industry executives, analysts, investors, consultants and journalists worldwide. These Market Insights have covered the most recent developments in regard to global wood supply, forest industry production, forest products trade, and pricing of sawlogs, pulpwood, wood chips, lumber and biomass. A majority of the information in our insights has been gleaned from our global market report, the Wood Resource Quarterly, as well as from our analyses of market developments in key countries around the world.
A few of the most recent global wood market insights are listed below and can be downloaded as PDF files by clicking on the headline. For more in-depth market information, consider subscribing to our 56-page quarterly market publication Wood Resource Quarterly.
We have two levels for subscribers to our Market Insights (see table).
The Market Insights at the Premium level are complimentary for WRQ subscribers.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for “Market Insights,” please click on the button below.
|Basic (One per month)||Free|
|Premium (3 to 5 per month)||Included in a WRQ subscription|
Click below to read selected Market Insights.
Global Forest Industry This Quarter
- The Global Forest Industry in the 3Q 2019
- The Global Forest Industry in the 2Q 2019
- The Global Forest Industry in the 1Q 2019
Global Sawlog Markets
- The Global and European Sawlog Price Indices are Falling
- Over Supply of Logs in Germany Results in Declining Sawlog Prices
- Sawlog Prices Falling in Central Europe, Western US and Russia
- Log Imports to China Reached Record Highs in 2018
Global Lumber Markets
- Global Trade of Lumber Slowed in the 3Q/19
- Sawmill Profits in North America Have Fallen Substantially in 2019
- China Lumber Imports Reached Record Highs in the 2Q/19
- Softwood Lumber Exports from Russia on the Rise
- Wood Costs Declined for North American Pulpmills in the 2Q/19
- Tightening Hardwood Chip Supply in the Pacific Rim
- Wood Fiber Prices up in 16 Countries During the Past two Year
- The Global Wood Fiber Price Indices Reach Four-Year Highs