For the past 13 years, Wood Resources International has distributed Market Insights on a regular basis to over 8,000 forest industry executives, analysts, investors, consultants and journalists worldwide. These Market Insights have covered the most recent developments in regard to global wood supply, forest industry production, forest products trade, and pricing of sawlogs, pulpwood, wood chips, lumber and biomass. A majority of the information in our insights has been gleaned from our global market report, the Wood Resource Quarterly, as well as from our analyses of market developments in key countries around the world.
A few of the most recent global wood market insights are listed below and can be downloaded as PDF files by clicking on the headline. For more in-depth market information, consider subscribing to our 56-page quarterly market publication Wood Resource Quarterly.
We have two levels for subscribers to our Market Insights (see table).
The Market Insights at the Premium level are complimentary for WRQ subscribers.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for “Market Insights,” please click on the button below.
|Basic (One per month)||Free|
|Premium (3 to 5 per month)||Included in a WRQ subscription|
Click below to read selected Market Insights.
Global Forest Industry This Quarter
- The Global Forest Industry in the 2Q 2022
- The Global Forest Industry in the 1Q 2022
- The Global Forest Industry in the 1Q 2021
- The Global Forest Industry in the 2Q 2021
Global Forest Products Markets
Global Sawlog Markets
- Central Europe Sawlog Markets (November 2022)
- Global Sawlog Markets (October 2022)
- 2022 China Log and Lumber Imports (July 2022)
- 2022 Global Sawlog Markets (June 2022)
- U.S. South Log End Uses
- German Log and Lumber Exports 2020
- Baltic Sea Log Market 2021
- Russian Log Export Ban - Impact in China 2021
Global Lumber Markets
- Global Lumber Markets (September 2022)
- Global Lumber Markets (June 2022)
- War in Ukraine Tightens Global Lumber Markets
- The Growing Role of European Lumber - Report 2021
- Global Lumber Markets 2Q/21
- Softwood Lumber Profits Worldwide in 2020
Global Pulpwood Markets